Soothing Soles Podiatry is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
Personal Information is defined by the Privacy Act 1988, as information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT & HOLD ABOUT YOU
- Name, address, phone number, email
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact details
- Medicare, health insurance membership number, NDIS, DVA and TAC details
- Credit card number
- Historical and current health information including medical conditions and medication
- Social history
- Medical test results
- General practitioner and/or referring doctor or other healthcare professional; and their referral documents
- Your written consent to treatment
- Cookies from your computer while engaging with our website www.soothingsoles.com.au
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. Third parties may include someone who is directly responsible for your welfare e.g. carer, parent or guardian, your referring doctor or other healthcare professional. We also collect information from your use of our website www.soothingsoles.com.au, including collecting cookies from your computer.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. More specifically this may include:
- To provide you with optimal patient care directly, including diagnosis and treatment
- To assist us in making recommendations and referrals to other healthcare providers (with your verbal or written consent)
- To contact and communicate with you
- To manage accounts and obtain payments for services provided
- For marketing purposes where appropriate e.g. “How did you hear about Soothing Soles Podiatry?”
- To enable us to customise your website experience
HOW WE STORE & MAINTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in patient files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances and to a number of individuals/organisations including the following:
- To you personally (in the event you request a copy of your medical records)
- Anyone you specifically request (with your verbal or written consent)
- Appropriate healthcare providers and diagnostic healthcare professionals
- Podiatry students undergoing placement with Soothing Soles Podiatry, as part of their University studies
- Organisations who require your personal information to process payments e.g. Medicare, your private health insurance provider, another third party responsible for payment or a collection agency
- Organisations who require your personal information by law, with or without your consent
WHAT IF YOU WISH TO OPT OUT OF SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Without your personal information, Soothing Soles Podiatry may not be able to provide you with podiatric services.
- PO Box 3150, Cotham VIC 3101
- 0408 398 685